Your task…to build a better world,” God said. I answered, “How?…this world is such a large, vast place, and there’s nothing I can do.” But God in all His wisdom said, “just build a better you. ~ Author Unknown
When you witness the demolition of a building – any building, it’s amazing how you can associate its process with that of how we exist in the world. I immediately visualize how it will be reconstructed, what it will be utilized for, and where it will be positioned within the proximity of its surroundings. In much the same way buildings are often rebuilt, restored, and reconditioned, people require many of those same conversions.
We all need to feel that we belong. We all need from time to time, friends we can depend on and situations that make us feel regarded, comfortable, and reassured. Familiar environments often bolster us against the endless uncertainty of this crazy world we live in. But sometimes, we allow all of this to prevent us from being a part of something with which we really ought to enjoy a much deeper connection – a remodeled reality.
How do we react when something we have tried to build for so long becomes irrelevant? What do we do when nothing goes as planned? Are we supposed to conclude that our plans weren’t very good or well thought out? Not necessarily. We only need in that moment, to understand that all of our experiences and efforts are most precious and relevant. The wisest thing though, is to trust what we understand, whilst being respectful of what we don’t understand. No matter how fluid our personalities may be, we all object to the sudden discovery that things are not quite as we thought they were and that new arrangements need to be made.
Questions of the week: WHAT are you constructing on the inside? WHO are you creating? If you seek permanence on your journey, you must do more than dream a blueprint; you must build it. You must form a plan and pursue it with consistent commitment. Like many, it has taken years for me to grasp the essential components of what is required for long-lasting growth and development. I’d like to share some steps and thoughts of my own with you.
1. Life is brief – make it all that you can.
2. All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become. ~ Buddha
3. The great opportunity is where you are. Do not despise your own place and hour. Every place is under the stars, every place is the center of the world. ~ John Burroughs
4. Keep in mind this daily notion: There are no ordinary moments. ~ Dan Millman
1. Consider who or what you value the most; you may find that your priorities quickly need modifying
2. Have principles. Keep standards. Stay under the umbrella.
3. There are no degrees of integrity – you either have it or you don’t. ~ Mark DeMoss
4. When God measures a man, He puts the tape around the heart instead of the head. ~ Author Unknown
1. Always understand that God owns it all.
2. Wisdom is valuable – learn to listen more than you speak.
3. Replace fear with faith – don’t cheat yourself
Building Wealth [head and heart]
1. Don’t be afraid to be honest; it may be costly but it’s the absolute best policy.
2. Invest your time in positive dreams, positive people, and positive places. Prosperity will arrive all on its own.
3. Save a dime – or a dollar; your head will say “thank you,” and your heart will smile.
4. Find a job that you like so much that you’d do it without compensation; then do it so well that people will pay you to continue. ~ Walt Disney
1. Every day – be grateful for something.
2. Appreciate all the people that encounter your life; they are like mirrors. Not only do we teach them how to treat us – they teach us how to treat ourselves.
3. Appreciate your strides in how you got where you are and where you want to be.
4. Don’t hurry. Don’t worry. You’re only here on a short visit, so don’t forget to stop and smell the flowers. ~ Walter Hagan
5. Savor the smiles and laughter of your children – there is nothing more important. ~ G.W.F.
6. The way to love anything is to realize that it might be lost. ~ G.K. Chesterton
We are all a work-in-progress. Begin today, building your very best YOU.
Love and Light for your Tuesday and week ahead.